Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lots of Stuff...No Pictures

Chuck and I check out the blogs to the left quite often just to see what everyone has going on. Most of our friends and family have little ones so it's really fun to check out pictures and watch them grow from a distance. As I noticed a lack of updates last week, Chuck asked me when ours had last been updated...so I'm in Dallas, it's 11:30pm and I'm tired of doing work, so I'm going to update our blog.

We have a new camera...well it's mine, and the pictures are great most of the time. It's due to the camera and not necessarily my skills--I'm exploring lots of the manual functions and sometimes I get really lucky and sometimes I don't. I playing around and having fun, but the learning curve for a really intelligent camera may take a while. Additionally the pictures are huge and now require an extra step to shrink the size to post and we are having a little trouble transferring from the Mac to Shutterfly.

Immediately following our trip to Denver, Chuck had his first round of proposal defense within his department. He did good! Now on to the second round...11 May, then he gets to spend the next two years writing his dissertation and continuing his field research in Oregon.

We made a quick trip to Wisonsin and I was able to meet Chuck's family on his mother's side and see where he gets many of his Scandanavian traits and some of his funny quirks.

Now I am in Dallas for a few days...gave a briefing this afternoon and saw several old friends. I also got to meet a few people from my new base in Alaska and put faces to people I frequently talk to on the phone. Chuck's birthday is tomorrow...I'm excited that I will be home to help him celebrate turning 36!

No comments: